- This event has passed.
Sea-Change – The Age of Geo-Engineering with Lee Cullum
November 15, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$30
WITH THE DALLAS INSTITUTE FELLOWS
In The Tempest, William Shakespeare offers this phrase to describe a deadly, comprehensive, beautiful, and deeply strange kind of change: a metamorphosis in which nothing has faded but the whole medium and context and meaning have transformed. Many of our wisest have begun to suggest that we are currently undergoing such a sea-change globally, institutionally, and in our own lives:
- the climate and environmental crisis
- the pandemic with its technological, social and political responses
- the reversal of the political trend toward liberal democracy
- the transformation of the economy by the computer, big data, AI, and the internet
- the souring of social media and the recognition of emerging associated mental health crises
Civil conversation in community offers calm in the storm. Join us to contemplate and discuss the SEA-CHANGE already happening around us.